Thursday 7 December 2017

Photography Workshop, Singing for Syria and Winslow Livestock Market

https://www.facebook.com/HandsUpFoundation/videos/1959626130978344/I ran my first photography workshop last week with a very keen and friendly group of aspiring photographers. I'll be running these regularly from next March and the first workshop is all based around teaching people to use their digital cameras in full manual mode. We run through all the basics of photography from ISO, aperture and shutter speed to white balance and composition.

I started my career 30 years ago working with manual film cameras and I still believe that learning these basics was a great starting point for me and I'm always happy to pass on this knowledge to people who are keen to learn how to work their DSLR without relying on the auto modes.

Getting ready for the judging
During the workshop I took a few snaps with my Pentax 67 medium format film camera and developed the film that evening. I'm still a big lover of film and developing you own is very easy and doesn't cost much at all!.

Winslow Livestock Market
On Monday I photographed the local livestock market in Winslow which I do every year and I give the pictures to the Winslow Facebook group and also to The Bell Hotel who sponsor the event. It's great to see the town so busy and vibrant. I took some shots this year with the Hasselblad and black and white film but most of them I took with my Fuji XT-1 with the superb Fuji 35mm f1.4 lens and also some with an old Canon fd 50mm lens adapted to my fuji.

We had a great time last Friday where the team and I filmed a flashmob at Marylebone Station for the Hands Up Foundation and Singing for Syria. We made the film for free as we thought it was a great cause and the film has been shared online thousands of times already. Here's the link to the film on Facebook :-
https://www.facebook.com/HandsUpFoundation/videos/1959626130978344/
It's always good to help out good causes and to put something back!.







No comments:

Post a Comment