Sunday 24 December 2017

Merry Christmas!

Hi Everyone

Fallen Tree Stockgrove Park
It's Christmas Eve and I just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas!.

I've had a couple of days off already and took the opportunity to take my Hasselblad 500C out for a walk with my Son Harry at Stockgrove Park. I used Ilford HP5 Plus film which is rated at 400 ASA but can be pushed to 800 ASA if the light is poor.

I'll be shooting my Polaroid SLR 680 over the break too along with all my other film cameras. It's great to give the digital kit a break and have fun with film. I develop the film myself but I don't print as I don't have a darkroom. Instead I photograph the negatives with my Fuji XT-1 and 60mm Macro on a lightbox. This is much quicker than using a flatbed scanner and I think the quality is just as good.

I've got a busy January with the first commercial shoot in Manchester on 3rd and I think next year is going to be a busy one. I've also got an expedition to India to photograph in April which I am really looking forward to.

If you know anyone who has been given a digital camera for Christmas and who might like to learn the basics of photography then please let them know that my first workshop of 2018 is booked for Tuesday March 6th. It's a full day at the lovely De Vere Horwood Estate in Buckinghamshire and is great value at £95 inc breakfast and a full three course lunch. We'll cover all the basics of shutter speed and aperture and get everyone using their cameras in manual mode. This enables people to understand how their cameras work and helps them to get the most out of them. You can book online here - https://www.facebook.com/events/144948706161867/

Have a lovely Christmas and a Happy New Year!.


No comments:

Post a Comment