Thursday 15 March 2018

Competition Success and Photography Workshops

Screen grab from the Colour Awards
I usually enter two competitions each year - the Spider Awards for black and white photography and The International Colour Awards. I've had some good success with images being nominated and one honourable mention. The International Colour Awards have just listed the winners and this time both my pictures have received an honourable mention so I am really pleased.
Here's a link to the website https://www.colorawards.com/gallery/

A shot from the recent workshop of one of our students


The commercial photography work has been steady since Christmas even though this is usually a quiet time of year for us. As out work is 99% business to business we always have a slight down time in February and March as our clients are coming to the end of their financial year. Once the new marketing budgets are in place from April 1st we get very busy again.

As I've had time I have started a photography workshop side to the business and we had the first workshop a couple of weeks ago. I base these at the lovely Devere Horwood Estate and we have a mix of theory and practical photography out in the gardens. The workshop went really well and all the students gave me really good feedback which was fab.

I have two more planned in the coming couple of months and you can book in here :-

https://www.davidthrowerphotography.co.uk/book-online
Another shot from the recent workshop of one of our students

Please do spread the word about the workshops as they do offer great value for money at £95 each for the basics of photography course which includes a hot three course lunch and is limited to just 4 people. This means I can spend time with everyone and tailor the course to each person.

The studio basics course is £125 and the extra fee is to cover the cost of a model.


No comments:

Post a Comment