Wednesday 8 November 2017

We're back on Blogger!

Well after nearly a year off trying out different blogging platforms we are back on Blogger again. It's without doubt my favourite blogging platform and I find the interface really easy to use.
2017 has been a really busy one for me and for Redshift Media Production. We've made some really cool films, photographed lots of superb venues and taken hundreds of portraits and product shots. I've also now launched my own personal website www.davidthrowerphotography.co.uk where I'm offering one to one and group workshops. I'm really looking forward to running these and to passing on my knowledge of photography.

Instead of trying to review a missing 11 months I'm going to start again!.

Yesterday Toni and I photographed the new Lexicon shopping centre in Bracknell for our fab client Hoare Lea Lighting. We photographed the shopping centre in daylight and then again at dusk to capture the lit effect of the malls. Unfortunately we got a good soaking at the end but that did enable me to grab the shot below which I quite like.

Rainy night in Bracknell

Tomorrow I'm off to London to see some prospective clients and hopefully to pop in the the fabulous Camera Cafe in Museum Street - my favourite venue in London. I'm also going to pop into the Photographers Gallery just off Oxford Street for a look around. They also make a great cup of coffee there too.

Last time I visited there I did some street photography around the West End and I took my personal favourite photograph of the year of a homeless man and his dog.

Man with Dog Oxford Street London
I had a good chat with him and bought him a cup of Tea as a thank you for letting me take his picture.

I had some good news last week as I was awarded an honourable mention for my entry into the International Spider Awards for black and white photography. The picture as shown here was taken on a commercial shoot for AEG Powertools in the summer. Hopefully next year I'll go one better and win the thing outright!.
AEG Chainsaw




Please follow my blog for regular weekly updates from my world of commercial photography. Although like anything this career isn't always easy and certainly has it's ups and downs I wouldn't want to do anything else for a living!.

No comments:

Post a Comment