Wednesday 16 December 2015

Greenhouse Photography on the Isle of Wight

Following on from a Christmas party shoot at Woburn Abbey last week I set off for the Isle of Wight yesterday to photograph a tomato growing greenhouse owned by Wight Salads - variation is the spice of life after all! . We do a lot of work for the various groups with Philips and this shoot was for their Horticulture division based in Holland as the LED lighting in the greenhouse was supplied by Philips.

I've only recently started working with the agriculture guys and they are great fun to work with as the brief includes lots of people shots which is great to do. The tricky thing is balancing the light. The LED lighting supplied is a very deep pink in colour which encourages the plants to grow more quickly and healthily. This makes taking pictures in the greenhouses very tricky indeed and I use some fill flash to help maintain a natural skin tone to the people in shot. 

Here's a quick test shot from the shoot of Monica the supervisor in the greenhouse I was working in.

Monica
The trip down was good and the Isle of Wight ferry was great!. It ran on time both yesterday and on today's return and the cafe and lounge areas were really clean and tidy. I stayed in a very nice hotel overlooking the sea too last night although I couldn't see the sea due to the heavy rain when I arrived - I just believed them when they said the view was good!.

It will take me a good day or so to properly edit these as I really need the colour balance to work so I'll be in the office tomorrow working through them in Lightroom and Photoshop.

I've recently been working with some Photoshop plug in's made by a company called Topaz Labs and I really recommend them. I use the Clarity, Adjust and De Noise filters and they to add to the final look of my pictures and they are very easy to use. Here's a link to their website https://www.topazlabs.com/ which is well worth a look.








No comments:

Post a Comment